Saturday, March 31, 2012

barb's b-day



Today, March 31, is my friend's birthday.

I went to Rochester on Tuesday to spend my day with her. We didn't do much and still had a great time. We spent the morning drinking Champagne at her house and talking and copying recipes. Too much of anything is bad, but too much champagne is just right.


inside of Nick's

Then out for a drive along Lake Ontario with a stop at Nick's Sea Breeze Inn for lunch.


the things I gave her for her birthday

And more driving along the lake and a stop at Charlotte (char lot)Beach where we took a long cold windy walk down the pier. But I knew once we made it to the end that the walk back would have the wind at our back. May the wind be always at your back.

On the way back to her house we stopped at Dollop, a cupcake store. They won the Cupcake Wars on TV. I ordered a brown sugar cupcake with chocolate ganache and vanilla icing. Barb ordered a brown sugar cupcake with Boston Creme filling an chocolate icing. we took them back to her house and had them on cute plates along with a cup of hot tea. And then sadly my time was up and I had to head home in order to be on time to go to a ballet of Cinderella.

We had so much to talk about. It had been awhile since we were last together.

Happy Birthday my friend!

1 comment:

barbie said...

Thank you for making my birthday feel so special!