Tuesday, March 6, 2012

havarti-stuffed chicken breasts



Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of chicken breast. Stuff the pocket with dill Havarti cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a T olive oil and a T of butter in in a large skillet over med-high heat. I dusted my chicken with a little Wegman's pan searing flour. Cook the chicken til golden brown on both sides and then turn heat to low and let cook longer for maximum tenderness.

I served this with a mesclun salad containing dried cherries and chickpeas along with a homemade Dijon Vinaigrette.

I had this piece of cauliflower that was a bit past it's prime so I cut off any dark spots, cooked in microwave until soft and then pureed it along with a roasted red pepper, salt, pepper, a dab of butter, a dab of sour cream and a dash of milk. Very pretty and tasty veggie side dish and I didn't have to toss that cauliflower in the garbage.

1 comment:

BT Graham said...

I got hungry just reading your blog today!