Thursday, March 1, 2012

oscar dinner

And the winner is ......my dinner




I wanted to plan a dinner for Academy Awards night that included a food that represented each of the movies up for an Oscar. That proved a bit much. I couldn't fit in hot dogs and peanuts from Moneyball. So I limited my movies and put together this menu. My main course was Hawaiian Huli Huli chicken so I chose to set the table in a sort of Hawaiian theme.



Appetizers honored The Artist. We had champagne and Rosemary Cheddar Cheese crackers....Old Hollywood style.



First course was Silken Potato & Turnip Soup to honor War Horse. This soup was amazingly good and low-fat. I've had it for lunch almost every day this week.



Second course not too exciting....salad that was left over from the night before but with homemade Dijon Vinaigrette served on fish plates.



Main course - Huli Huli Chicken, brown rice with pea pods and pineapple to honor The Descendants and French Style green beans with crushed Marcona almonds to honor Hugo.



And naturally for dessert, Minny's Chocolate Pie to honor The Help. I don't know what Wegman's puts in it to make it taste so good. Maybe some of that good Mexican vanilla.

No comments: