Thursday, March 8, 2012

winsome wednesday



Yes, it was engaging, fetching, charming. A day when I rediscovered myself a little bit. A day when I introduced myself back to some of the things I love.
I awoke at 7 am and spent a bit of time with coffee relaxing in bed reading, Facebooking and Wording with Friends. I had a coffee date with my new friend, Julia, at 10 am. I didn't laze long because I wanted to get a 5 mile walk in before meeting her so I would have the rest of the day to pursue something without exercise thoughts looming in my head. I've been such a good girl these past couple weeks. Trying out yoga, cardio kickbox and a body sculpt class by another instructor. I've been running and walking everyday and not really thinking much about food. I dressed and headed out the door. I timed my walk perfectly. At 10 I arrived at Panera and although Julia and I hadn't seen one another, spoken to one another since last Wednesday when we had agreed to meet again, there she was at Panera at 10.
We ordered bagels and coffee and talked. When I announced that I had better get going, I was shocked to discover that the time on my phone was 1:30. Yes, Julia and I seem to have a lot in common and a lot to talk about.

When I got home I did some organizing and cleaning and had a bit of lunch. What could I do that would have the biggest impact and be noticed the most? Our yard was full of branches and pine cones and the temp was nearly 70 degrees. So I hauled out the garbage cans and the rake and spent 3 hours raking the entire back yard and hauling out the garbage. This was incredibly soothing and healing. I actually love fairly hard physical labor and when I was finished, I could look upon my yard and say....I did this.

Then I made another nice dinner. We repeated the beet salad except I used walnuts this time and a Dijon vinaigrette. I had marinated a butterflied lamb leg in Wegman's lemon salad dressing for a couple hours and I baked this and served along with brown rice cooked in half water, half chicken broth, 1 t curry powder and dried cherries.

After dinner B and I watched Run Lola Run, a movie that we remembered liking the first time we saw it and we wanted to revisit it.

This day charmed me. I felt relaxed and peaceful. I felt a little more like that person I used to be.

No comments: