Sunday, March 4, 2012

my crushes

I can't let this week go by without a word about Davy Jones, my first serious crush. Or maybe Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits was my first. I think I was a little more in love with Davy though. I love to shop and I would skip shopping trips to Lincoln in order to stay home and watch The Monkees.

David Callum from The Man from Uncle was another crush although I look back now and think he had a melon head.

Then there was this actor in a short-lived TV show with something Blue in the name. I think his name was Frank something that started with a C. He may have ridden a motorcycle. I can't remember. He had curly blond hair and he was another crush. And there was the actor that played the part of Blue in High Chapperal.

Of course, there were a couple boys in my high school class I had big crushes on. I'm not naming names but these crushes lasted well into my adult years.

An unlikely crush was Klaus Maria Brandauer who was in White Fang with Ethan Hawke and also played a villian in Never Say Never Again. I wouldn't say he had classic good looks but he intrigued me.

Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Heath Ledger's cute little lines around his mouth. All of these guys I find truly good-looking. Richard Gere. Daniel Craig, Hayden Christensen, especially in the Star Wars movies. And I can't forget Bruce Willis. I didn't care for him in his early years but ever since The Die Hard Movies and The Fifth Element, I've been kind of crazy about him.

No comments: