Wednesday, March 14, 2012

getting crafty



I kind of like paper crafts. They are fast and fun. In a short period of time you can make something cute that serves no purpose at all. I sat down with my papers and a craft book and decided on a birdhouse for spring. The first thing you need to is enlarge a pattern by 200%. Since I don't have a copier large enough to do this I decided to test my math skills and create a template by hand. After a fair amount of time and much measuring and fractions, I successfully did this. Excuse me a moment while I pat myself on the back.



Next is choosing papers that compliment or contrast one another. This is the funnest part. I chose pinks and greens.



Almost there



And the finished home complete with bird. Slightly off-kilter but I plan to make a couple more to hone my skills. The next time you see this house I'm hoping it will be as part of a spring decorating theme on my fireplace mantel.

No comments: