Thursday, March 8, 2012

halibut for the hellavit



B and I have a tradition of having burgers and fries on Friday nights and renting a movie. I have been wanting to get more fish in our diets. B is not a big fan of fish. So I told him that Wednesday nights would be fish night. He said that he thought maybe he could stand to have it once a week so it is my job to make it tasty. I joked that if he didn't want the fish that he could have Peter Pan on bread. (This is in reference to a big argument we had the night before regarding the brand of peanut butter that I bought. I won't pursue this train of thought any further.) So anyway I think I am losing track of time because it was actually Tuesday night that we had fish. Last night (Wednesday) we had lamb.

So anyhoo we started with this beet salad. B loves beets. My mom makes a beet salad that I have copied. Chopped beets, celery, walnuts, diced Swiss cheese with a vinegar and oil dressing. We love it. This salad was similar. Arugula greens mix, sliced beets, feta, chopped chives, chopped pecans and a honey-lemon vinaigrette.



Our main course was a study in yellow and green. Halibut baked with a dash of butter and capers, potato gnocchi with sour cream and dill, and sliced zucchini and summer squash cooked in a bit of chicken broth and capers.

No comments: