Saturday, May 2, 2009

the pleasure is mine


Saturday....didn't have to set the alarm but it doesn't really matter anyway. I seem to get up about the same time every day now that I'm older. Who wants to sleep the day away when time is running out? I may only have 50 more years. Every Saturday morning I make either whole wheat pancakes or whole wheat French toast. They are B's favorite and over the years we have established very set-in stone traditions. This morning I sprinkled the top side with finely chopped pecans and wheat germ before flipping them over. The nuts and wheat germ get toasted on the griddle enhancing the nutty flavor. Since it was such a nice day I decided to walk the mile to my Total Body Workout class. On the way I noticed all the beautiful spring flowers which are at their peak right now. Home again, showered up, I made my weekly trek to Wegman's. Well, my Saturday trek anyway. I usually hit Weg's a couple more times during the week. Wegman's was rated #1 in the country by Consumer Reports recently. When I walked into Wegman's I was greeted by samples of Yancy's Fancy extra sharp cheddar cheese and Heineken Light. Inside they were featuring party foods throughout the store. I sampled graduation cake, fresh pasta with roasted yellow peppers and kalamata olives, Belize shrimp with zesty cocktail sauce and Italian fizzy sour cherry lemonade.


The lemonade lady told me that she liked my necklace.....very pretty and different she said. I told her that my sister beaded it for me. When I checked out, the clerk thanked me for shopping at Wegman's. Doesn't he know that the pleasure is all mine?


My grape hyacinths all grown up.


The next door neighbor's tulips. I remember chatting with him about these when he was planting them last fall.


And a close-up

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Maybe you could go into advertising for Wegman's. Makes me want to come shopping. I love those big bright shopping bags. And those pink tulips along the stone wall are lovely. A mass of one color makes such a statement. Sounds like you had a really nice day.