Saturday, May 9, 2009

2nd friday off


Yesterday was my second Friday off. Three day weekends are just heavenly. I started out my morning with a dentist appointment....not heavenly but not so terrible. My last six month check-up revealed that I had to have bonding on two teeth replaced and I had a cavity that needed to be filled. I haven't had a cavity in years, so what's up with that? I guess I need to pull out the floss a bit more often. So I've had dentist appointments the last two Fridays in a row. Glad that's over.


Next I made a trip to Wegman's for some grocery shopping and a trip to the library to donate a kizillion books. I'm on a house dejunking spree. Over the last couple of weeks I've taken 16 bags of stuff to Amvets and The Salvation Army.


On my way home I saw a garage sale sign so decided to stop. The pink flowering trees lined the street at a house near the garage sale house. Ellicott Creek flows lazily along on the other side of the street. This sale was like a sale I used to dream about. It had tons and tons of stuff. Some of my favorite things like dishes and fancy linens. But lately in my new more minamalist state I have been able to avoid buying stuff - old or new. I was walking away from the sale empty-handed when one of the people holding the sale pleaded with me "Can't you find anything you want?" So I bought this little lustreware creamer and sugar dish that had caught my eye and was only $3.


I'm glad I did. It nourished my soul to see it sitting on the table next to my flowers.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

The beauty of spring is breath taking "somewhere that's green."
And that set was a real deal for $3. Don't get too minimalist. Life has to have some decadent pleasure.