Tuesday, May 19, 2009

measuring up


I've been feeling sort of down and blue this week. This is not a good week to feel that way because it is the week when our yearly self-evaluations are due at work. Or maybe I feel this way because my self-evaluation is due. I hate to evaluate myself and dread filling out the form almost more than anything else I can think of. Unlike Mary Poppins who evaluates herself frequently and comes up "practically perfect in every way", I come up "lacking". How nice it would be just to go merrily along and never have to confront yourself.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

I always hated this, too. On my self evaluation I looked like the most clueless nurse who ever had a job anywhere in the world. I think we were conditioned early on to be merciless with ourselves when in actuality we both know we give great effort to our work. If you haven't already filled it out, make yourself look like the caring, reliable person that I know is you.