Monday, October 24, 2011

what's goin' on



Here's what's goin' on. Over the weekend I bought wine to replenish my wine rack. I'm really liking Spanish wines right now. Hooked on Tempranilla. This is a good one.



I also cleaned out my lazy susan and found several jars of peanut butter that have remained untouched for while. I made a batch of chunky pb cookies and a batch of chocolate pb cookies. Took them to work today. 7 dozen and only 8 cookies remained at the end of day. I've been cooking and baking more lately.

Wonder what happened with me teaching that Boot Camp class? Well, Sandy already had a teacher for the class that I was willing to teach.. She said she would use me as a substitute. I'm not really sure teaching is for me. I'm just not a rah rah kind of a person. And it's really really hard to instruct and call out before you actually make the move. I tried it and I don't think I liked it. I'd rather have someone teach me.

Toastmasters is going okay. I gave another speech recently without any notes and no ums or ahs. This I kind of enjoy even though it causes me great anxiety a few days before. I won table topics two sessions in a row which is an accomplishment for the tongue-tied person I used to be.

ASWA....we are hosting the Northeast Conference this year....a huge endeavor. I offered up suggestions of getting Colleen Wegman as a speaker and also Toastmasters. I offered to write to Colleen and tell her that I'm Wegman's biggest fan but I failed to attend the last board meeting and someone else is contacting her now. However, I was approached to put together a Toastmasters session. I am going to speak at this along with Caroline and hopefully Kevin. B told me to let him know when this was coming up and he would move out of the house the week before. He has experienced my anxiety before.

Got my hair cut and colored and it is laying pretty now. I like it.

Bought a book called One-Yard Wonders. It has lots of cute projects and I would like to find some time to work on a couple. Maybe make something for our Christmas fundraiser.

Running and exercise is going well. Work is....well.... work is work. What can I say?

My kitty loves me and the lilies I bought this weekend are opening and emitting a lovely fragrance. Every day I try to find at least one thing good about the day. Pollyanna calls it playing the glad game. I used to be very good at it. I faltered for awhile but I'm making the effort again.

I love Spotify. I can listen to any song I want when I want.

The leaves are changing color and looking very pretty.

And that's what's goin' on.

No comments: