Thursday, October 27, 2011

what goes around comes around



As I was getting ready for work this morning I had a Deja Vu feeling that I'd worn this very same outfit many years ago. In junior high. 7th or 8th grade.

I had a corduroy print hip hugger skirt made by my sweet sister, Deb, who sewed many of my clothes. A wide hip hugger belt. I wore this skirt with either a navy ribbed cotton short sleeved top or a gold ribbed short sleeve sweater. Mary Janes like the present ones except the cross strap was straight across instead of on an angle.

Even my hair cut was the same but now it is a little longer with softer sideswept bangs instead of more straight blunt cut bangs. Everything is a little softer now including my body. But hey, for a few minutes as I was getting dressed I felt 13 or 14 again with all the possibilities in front of me that a 13 or 14 year old has. Styles come and go but still there are basic styles that are timeless. If I had actually been wearing the very outfit that I wore in junior high, I would not have looked out of place. Only fat like a stuffed sausage.

1 comment:

BT Graham said...

I know a thing or two about being fat and you, my friend, are not fat.