Saturday, October 22, 2011

plans

At my last ASWA meeting we had a speaker who was a holistic financial planner. She was a CFP with a financial firm , but was letting that expire to start her own practice working in conjunction with your financial planner whether it be yourself or someone else. She works with people to identify what is important to you and then how much money you might need to pursue that life. I enjoyed her presentation but as these things usually involve examining your life, I have a problem with this. You have to look at your hopes and dreams. Where you want to be 5, 10, 15 , 20 years from now. I never know. Where do I want to be? Goal setting stuff.

Well, I've been in my house for nearly 23 years and my goal was to have all the rooms redecorated. My kitchen has needed remodeling and updating for these 23 years. Every year when I made out a Christmas list I used to put....remodel kitchen on it. There have been heated discussions. Then a few years ago I stopped mentioning this. I accepted. Just recently I said to B....I know we are never going to remodel the kitchen, or change the wallpaper in the living room. I've accepted that. But could we just change the curtain rods to decorative ones because the old white ones are just ugly and old fashioned. He kept saying....no,no,no we are going to remodel the kitchen while I was speaking. But I know we aren't.

I don't know where I'll be any of those years from now or what I'll be doing. Aren't there a couple sayings?

the best laid plans of mice and men
life is what happens while you're busy making other plans

I don't plan anymore
I don't dream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They would make a better look if you purchase kitchen countertops which can be also of counter height so as to make uniformity using the chairs. This can make the kitchen to obtain a modern appear without utilizing loads of dollars for renovation and without making any mess. A kitchen that always looked old will become modern and fresh after the addition of dining room counter height sets instead of the usual kitchen sets.