Thursday, October 20, 2011

carol of the bells



I've been a real social butterfly as of late. On Saturday evening B and I attended one of the two annual events that give me an opportunity to get dressed up each year. I always enjoy the NCCC College Scholarship Fundraiser. This year it seems that there was not a lot of competition in the silent auction. We put down our number for six items and no one else bid on them at all, so we got all six. For some reason I was attracted to this collection of bells from various countries. I was thinking I could keep the ones I like or give them as gifts and sell the rest on EBay. They are still sitting on the table waiting for me to do something with them. They each have a unique ring to them.



B and I both liked this oil painting of a bleak, wintry cityscape.



I bid on this watercolor of blueberries for my dining room wall that features other pictures of fruit.

B won a little water fountain in the shape of a castle for his desk and a wooden jewelry box/charger for his dresser. You put your phone, iPod, etc on it and the cord goes through an open space in the back.

But the nicest thing we won was a night's stay in the posh Barton Hill Hotel and Spa in historic downtown Lewiston along with two tickets for the Christmas House Walk.



The culinary department did a bang job with the food again this year. The desserts were outstanding also. Bill and I shared an awesome flourless chocolate cake and a pumpkin mousse bar. But my favorite dessert are always these sugar cookies. They are among the best I've ever eaten. Darned if I didn't eat the acorn which was the cutest one before I thought to take a picture. I brought these two leaves home with me to have with coffee the following day.

No comments: