Wednesday, October 19, 2011

farm fresh eggs



If life gives you eggs, make omelets.

We have a new admin assistant at work. She lives on a beef cattle farm but also has five chickens. They produce more eggs than her family needs so she sent an email out letting us know that if we brought in an empty egg carton that she would fill it for us. I was overwhelmed by the beauty and perfection. You wouldn't even have to color these at Easter. They would be perfect set out as is.



Saturday morning I made an omelet for B. He wanted cheddar cheese, peppers, onions and tomato in his omelet. Over the years I've become a pro at waffles and pancakes but I'm still getting my sea legs when it comes to omelets.



This is the finished product and it could be a little less brown but he liked it that way.



I had a maitake mushroom omelet.

No comments: