Sunday, August 28, 2011

self-acceptance



Going through a huge stack of unread books today, I came across this tiny volume entitled Self-Acceptance.

The first page says Day One - The secret of self-acceptance is....realizing your uniqueness in the entire universe. No one will ever have your song to sing. Through all eternity it will be yours alone. Your primary task in life is to learn to sing that song to perfection.

Well, I think I realized my uniqueness at an early age much to my chagrin having often felt that I didn't fit in well. Now my job is to learn to sing my song, but first I have to figure out what that song is. What if my song is a long drawn-out boring ballad or maybe a ditsy little ditty? Do I want to learn to sing that song to perfection?

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

Your song is the song you sing in the present moment, and that song is perfect. Yes, you want that song. Sing it with all your heart.