Friday, August 5, 2011

Last night I left the BAC, hopped into my car, turned the key and instantly set off a loud whirring, whistling noise. I let it run a minute and the noise continued. Then I smelled or imagined I smelled burning rubber. I am always terrified that my car is going to burst into flames whenever something doesn't seem right with it. I started it up again and drove it a ways through the parking lot. Worried that I shouldn't be driving it in it's condition, whatever that may be, I shut it off again and called B. He told me to drive it home and so I did. B took a quick look at it and couldn't tell what was wrong. He told me to take it to the dealership in the morning. I'm off on Fridays so that is what I did.

After two hours of coffee, two Timbit donut holes and two stories in the book that I'm reading, she came out to tell me I needed a new alternator and they wouldn't be able to get one or do the work until Monday. They offered to give me a ride home but I elected to walk so I could spend a little time in Goodwill near the dealership and treat myself to some lunch at Chili's.


At Goodwill I found this cute basket and a Patty Griffin CD


two blouses in shades of cream and black


a white tank top, embroidered black skirt and tunic sweater

Then I had house salad, enchilada soup, chips and salsa and a Margarita at Chili's. After the three mile walk home in the hot sun carrying my purse and bag of goodies, I felt a little sick for awhile. Feeling a little better now. Time to get up and attem. Laundry and cleaning wait for no man.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

A trip to Goodwill is always fun but that car crap-no fun at all!