Tuesday, August 9, 2011

boot camp?

I have often thought how fun it would be to work a different job each day of the week doing things I love to do. For instance on Monday I would have a bookkeeping job where I just reconciled bank accounts and cleaned up general ledgers on Quickbooks because those are my favorite accounting things to do. On Tuesday I'd cook a beautiful meal in a restaurant or make fancy cookies in a bakery. On Wednesday maybe create my own art and sell it. Thursday I'd be a docent at the Darwin Martin house. Friday I'd babysit a sweet baby. Saturday I'd teach an exercise class. Sunday work at a greenhouse. And on and on.

Recently I was looking through the Buffalo News Sunday job section. What a joke! But I saw an ad in there that stated "Get your exercise and get paid for it". Sandy of Bodyshaping by Sandy was looking for exercise instructors. I used to take classes from Sandy before I joined the BAC. I completely wore out two of her Pilates CDS. The ad said to show up at her studio on a Saturday at noon and audition. So that's what I did. Sandy told me that I have a strong body and good form and she thought I'd be good at teaching either Pilates or any of the body sculpt/boot camp classes. So I went to training class and attended a few boot camp classes. Tomorrow is my last training class. I thought Pilates would be best for me to teach because it is slower paced and more serious. But I love the body sculpt class that I have been taking for several years at the BAC. But again you have to be real upbeat, energetic and be able to call out moves before you do them without losing your breath.

Sandy sent out a list of the fall schedule classes that were still in need of a teacher. I was a little hesitant because I've never taught before. But there is a boot camp class held only one night a week (Tuesdays) at a church near my house. I emailed her that I thought I'd like to teach that class. I think I can do it. It's not a sure thing yet. Here so many of my friends who are teachers are retiring and me who has never taught anyone anything is thinking about becoming a teacher.

3 comments:

BT Graham said...

"Here so many of my friends who are teachers are retiring and me who has never taught anyone anything is thinking about becoming a teacher."

Good for you I say! You are never too old to take on something new, especially if you truly enjoy it.

shy_smiley said...

YES! I'm so proud of you! I don't think I'd have the cajones to do that. You're awesome!

janetfenton12 said...

Thanks for awesome blog.I like to read it with interest.
----
pilates for men