Sunday, July 3, 2011

thoughts of the day



Today I went out to be around people. First to Amvets. This wall is always heartbreaking. Bits and pieces of people's discarded lives.

I post way too much on Facebook. I know I do. Each day I tell myself that today will be the day that I don't post on Facebook. People will get tired of me. They don't want to know everything about my day. I don't want them to know everything about me. And then I post something. And then I post again. I know this is because I need contact. I crave it. I like to hear about them and what is going on in their lives. I need to know that I'm sort of normal....because I don't know anymore. At work everyone is quiet....shhh...quiet. There could 25 people in the office and everything is quiet. I come home to an empty house. Smudge is happy to see me. He listens to me talk but he is quiet. Sometimes I ask him questions and he responds "yeow". B and I talk a little at dinnertime if I am home. A couple evenings a week I'm at the BAC. When we are home together I am on my computer or reading. He is on his computer or watching TV. We watch movies together some evenings.



the wreath that never got made...the skeleton head planter that was funny for a day or two...time ran out to make those Easter bunny basket favors....hard enough to just get the sweet potatoes peeled and the ham in the oven



The New Year's Eve party that never happened....what year do you think they wanted to ring in?



Can you imagine how proud she was when she finished this cross-stitch picture? And when she chose that mat that set it off perfectly?



decorating dreams fall by the wayside



This I almost bought. This 20s Art Deco furniture has great appeal to me. Not so much the stereo cabinet next to it.



I'm crazy about clothes and fashion. There I said it. I feel superficial saying it but somewhere here my interests lie. I've always known it. Why didn't I ever do something about it? So here are my clothing purchases. A sweet black embroidered sweater with three quarter sleeves trimmed with ruffles. A pink with black embroidered crinkled fabric Sunny Leigh ruffly blouse. A gray Old Navy tee shot through with metallic lines. A white cotton summery blouse that could easily
be embellished. I also bought a velveteen skirt....not to wear but because I buy all the velveteen skirts I see in hopes of someday having the time to make a quilt from
them all. Someday if you go to Goodwill you might see twenty or so velveteen skirts all lined up on the rack. Discarded dreams. I also bought some books and three CDs one of which was Taylor Hicks. Whatever possessed me? and a nice Pyrex mixing bowl.




So then on to the mall to spend my gift card. First I stopped at Payless where I found these navy flats that I can wear to work and these piano striped flats that were very well made for a Payless shoe....but also more expensive than most Payless shoes. Then I stopped at the SPCA adoption site where I saw so many kitties I wanted to adopt. I especially liked Saffron and Mellow Yellow...a pair of 1 and half year old bonded males. Their sign said that they needed to be adopted together because they were two peas looking for a pod. Then to DSW where I found a pair of silver shoes to replace my favorite nearly worn out silver shoes, and I couldn't resist these straw Sperry Topsiders that were on the clearance rack.



On to my real destination...Anthropolgie. I found this skirt on the sale rack. B and I are going to a Eastman School of Music scholarship fundraiser in Rochester next weekend and I think I'll wear this skirt with a silvery gray tank and siver flip flops.



I bought this tea towel because I love it and will use it as a hand towel in the bathroom. I also bought several other things that may be b-day gifts so no revealing here. When I got home I made star cut out cookies and remade the chocolate cookies that I had screwed up the day before. I listened to Tom Stahl while baking. He sings a song called I Want to Ignorant that I really like.

I wanna go back again, when kids believed in superman and AIDS was just a diet plan oh life was so much simpler then. I wanna be ignorant, I wanna love my government , I wanna know what Jesus meant when he said love your fellow man, I wanna be ignorant

I remember when my mom used to buy AIDS. They were an oily caramel candy. I would sneak them all the time. I loved them. I'm sure they were a scam. How could they control your appetite? I could have eaten a whole box.

1 comment:

BT Graham said...

You do not post too much on Facebook. Your posts reveal someone who is alive and takes in the world around her. And while it would be nice to go back to being ignorant, the next best thing may be to believe in a better world and a better time...