Wednesday, July 27, 2011

multi-facets



As I was out walking at lunchtime, I was trying to analyze myself; something I have done many times with inconclusive results. I am like this. No, I am like this. This is the way I am. I’m not really that way at all. I got to thinking that I’m multi-faceted. And most people are but some more than others I think. I started to liken personalities to gems.
Some people know what they want starting at a very young age. They know what they want to be and where their interests lie. These people are probably an Emerald cut. A very large flat surface with varying levels of other interests on either side. They are never wavering.
Some people are Marquise. They have a couple of different interests and are pulled between the two. Marquise is my least favorite cut though. It looks sharp and caustic to me. I know someone who was cut by someone’s Marquise diamond and had to be taken to the ER for stitches.
Oval cut people are probably very balanced. They have quite a few interests and facets to their personalities that revolve around a centrally located interest….probably family.
Hearts are probably hopeless romantics. They love someone or something especially but are still balanced.
Pears…..I don’t know. These people are a little more complicated.
Princess, Radiant and Trillion….again fairly balanced with a major purpose or goal.
I think I fall into Glyptic and Fantasy Cuts….a jack of all trades sort of a person. No clear cut goals. Interests all over the board…..morphing and changing. I often think I’d like a different line of work for every day. I like change. And then again I like things to be the same. But all in all I think I like change.
Sometimes I like to be alone. Sometimes I like to be surrounded by people. Sometimes I think I don’t want to go to some function and then I’m the last to leave. Sometimes I think I have multiple personalities. I’m making too much of this. We probably all feel the same way. Well, not all of us, I’m sure. But some of us, I’m sure.

No comments: