Tuesday, July 5, 2011

do you suppose

Do you suppose you can die from boredom? I sat at work today and wondered as I worked on the same things I had been working on for the past ten years. Can your brain just atrophy and dry up? And by the same token can you die from excitement? Nerve endings going haywire until they sizzle out?

Or how about about love? I've heard you can die from a broken heart....so to speak...but what about a heart so filled with love that it bursts? Maybe first it develops leaks and love trickles out the little fissures and isn't that the way it should be? What good is a heart filled with love if a little can't leak out?

3 comments:

Miss Linder said...

Yes, I think it is possible to die of boredom while at work. I mean you could fall asleep and whack your head on your desk leading to your ultimate demise.

auntie m said...

I think I've done that Miss L.

shy_smiley said...

Desk jobs. You people need to teach preschool! :-)