Monday, July 11, 2011

i would like to visit falun

I like to try to find little moments of happiness in my day especially on days when I'm not feeling especially happy. I always think of Pollyanna playing the glad game. I found a number of those little pleasurable moments today.



You must know I like shoes. I especially love metallic shoes. My new ruffly silver slippers made me smile every time I looked down at my feet today.



We had a fundraiser bake sale today. I was not in a happy way last night and almost didn't bake for it. But I had this delightful Bundt pan and a white cake mix. I found a recipe that added eggs, milk and cream cheese to the cake mix. It came out perfect and golden from the pan. I glazed it with a glaze made from champagne and powdered sugar and lightly sprinkled it with pale pink sanding sugar. A sign on the table pompously named it Cream Cheese Bundt Cake with Champagne Glaze. It was elegant in it's simplicity and I heard it was a big hit and sold out quickly.



B knew that I was not feeling very happy and suggested using a Chili's gift card for dinner tonight. He even went to pick it up. I had a grilled shrimp Caribbean salad with extra cilantro. While he was gone I made myself a Margarita in my favorite happy glass.



I started this book of short stories by Julian Barnes. Sometimes I read a book or story that I love so much that I have to keep the book forever so I can go back and read certain phrases or lines. The Madness of a Seduced Woman is one of these books. Attachments by Judith Rossner is another. Little Altars Everywhere another still. The Glass Castle. Now I can add The Story of Mats Israelson to these.

She said, "I would like to visit Falun."

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Hi There! Linda's daughter Jodie here. I wanted you to know I really enjoy reading your blog. You're a very interesting writer and I often find myself relating to you in many ways. :) Take care!

shy_smiley said...

Jodie, you're a sweetheart. So's my aunt Mona. You've added to my reading list for sure, Mona. And now I'm craving a margarita and wishing for a happy glass.

auntie m said...

I think you are both sweethearts. Thank you both for your kind words.