Friday, July 8, 2011

aldi's



A Facebook friend posted that she found out that Aldi's and Trader Joe's are owned by the same company. I didn't know that either but I can kind of see it. We don't have Trader Joe's here but I love to go there when I visit Arizona. We do have Aldi's but I rarely go. I went yesterday because I needed a few items and it was close to Home Depot and Jo-Ann. They have some pretty neat items there like these tortilla strips and cornbread croutons both of which would be great in a salad. I only spent $19 and came away with those and three hearts of romaine lettuce, a jar of mayo, dark chocolate, fake Mentos, a good-sized jar of dry roasted peanuts, a bag of whole cashews, another of sweet and salty nut mix and several more little bags of nuts.



The little bags of nuts are the perfect size for adding to this bag of rainbow mix. Add apples or pineapple tidbits and a homemade dressing of mayo, sugar and rice vinegar for a yummy salad.

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

I'm coming to your house to eat. I rarely shop the "first run" grocery store except for stuff like eggs and milk. I buy my produce through Bountiful Baskets and nearly everything else at 99 Cents Only or Grocery Outlet, which is the best place in Tucson to buy cheese without pawning your valuables. I'd like Aldi's. We just don't have one here.