Friday, July 15, 2011

downloading monday

My eyes opened this morning and the dream I had been dreaming faded into oblivion despite my best efforts to recapture it. The house was quiet. Smudgie was stretched out on the bed alongside but not touching my right leg. My phone told me that it was 8:45. I had slept in, something that I did not know I was even capable of doing.

I walked out the door into a perfectly beautiful Buffalo summer morning. I thought that Buffalo might actually have some of the best summer weather in the nation. Too bad we are infamous for our winter weather. It is 73 degrees now with 43% humidity and a high of 80 degrees today. The skies are blue. I sat on my patio surrounded by lush greenery and brilliant blooms. The birds were singing the melody.....the cicadas the harmony.

Before me was a plate with two cheese blintzes covered with plump dark cherries. A few chunks of reddish-pink watermelon sprinkled with cracked pepper, extra virgin olive oil and brine-soaked feta.

I planned my day. I planned pleasures to bring me joy and tasks to give me a feeling of accomplishment.

I am as far away in my weekend from my cares and burdens as I can be. I am on the far left side of the bar. If I was downloading Monday, I am at 5% completion.

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

great attitude, Auntie Em. Write on!