Wednesday, February 4, 2009

warm up


Dirty Snow Mountain Range

Sunday it warmed up to the high 30’s. While I was shopping at Wegman’s all the chunks of dirty ice and snow that had been clinging to the underbelly of my car fell off. When I pulled out of my parking space I left a perfect rectangle of dirty snow chunks. After I arrived home and put away my groceries, I decided to go out for walk on my five mile path to enjoy the sunshine and warmer temps and because it was the first day of our fitness challenge at work. One point per day for eating 5 fruits and veggies, 1 point for at least 30 minutes of exercise. There will be five winners who will receive a $30 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods and everyone else will receive a $20 card to Dick’s. I think I can be one of the big winners. The Dick’s nearest to me is located in a strip mall on Transit Road right next to BJ’s Wholesale Club. I just think that’s wrong. Having BJ’s and Dick’s side by side in a strip mall.
My walk turned out to be a bit of an obstacle course. Snow up to my knees along Garrison Park. Thankfully I was able to take Gas Station Pass through Dirty Snow Mountain Range.


And then a water hazard


and another hazard....this one of canine origin, I believe


At last....open bike path


Back on Main Street, I encountered this obstacle but managed to make it past


But then this snow dude tried to coax me to sit on his lap but I didn’t take him up on it


Along the way I stopped to talk to many famous men but found them to have rather wooden personalities. Frank Lloyd Wright ignored me but his plaque said "For a period of 22 years (1927-1949), a critical mass of Wright's designed structures stood in and around Buffalo." I don't think Frank would have been so snooty had he known that someone had used his crotch as a disposal site for their chewing gum.


A final water hazard and then home again.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Fun post. I have no doubt that you will be one of the big winners, Auntie Em.

Lissa1962 said...

Hey this looks alot like the frozen tundra here. Tired of these subartic temps. We are doing a similar challenge at work. I went back to weight watchers again and have slowly lost 12 pounds since November.
Good Luck!!! Lov ya Lissa