Friday, February 13, 2009

more time than money


When I was in college I had very limited funds and had to be creative in coming up with a valentine card for B. Sew... I used to make them. I was remembering a fabric card that I made for B. I dug around in a box of keepsakes and found it, but I also found two other cards that I made for him that I had forgotten about. One is the above pink satin (pin cushion?)with embroidered heart of my design.


front of fabric card


and upon opening....I had to keep it simple for time and space reasons.


But finding this one really delighted me. I even made the envelope. It has two cancelled 10 cent stamps on it. Inside are six pages of babble and pictures cut from magazines proclaiming my love for B. I showed it to B. He said "Boy, that's really something. You should keep that." so after photographing I put it back in the keepsake box.

2 comments:

shy_smiley said...

some amazing memories. Give Sweet William a big hug and kiss on Valentine's.

Momma_Dee said...

Wow! I didn't know you were doing all those things. I love that pink satin heart. B was lucky to have such a sweet girlfriend!