Sunday, February 15, 2009

pj party


My BBF, Barb, invited me over to her house for a pj party/movie night on Friday. She had invited several ladies but in the end I was the only one able to keep the date. Her hub, Mike, took refuge in their upstairs TV room. Barb provided the movie (Road to Rodanthe), a dry sparkling rose wine and dark chocolate M&Ms. I brought along two of Bonnie's heart-shaped sugar cookies and the ingredients to make a chicken pesto pizza. While the pizza was baking and the champagne bubbles were going to our heads, the phone rang. Barb looked at her caller ID and said in an apologetic-sounding voice "It's my mom". Having just spent an hour on the phone with my mom the night before, I know how important it is to take that phone call from your mom. I told her to go ahead and answer it. Flo had called to inquire about the Continental Flight 3407 crash which had occurred a mere two miles from Barb's house. While she chatted with Flo, I tried to take Elmo's picture.


Elmo is the younger and much more energetic of Barb's two look-alike dogs. Buddy is the other. Elmo was very happy to receive the attention. So happy that he just couldn't sit still for me. After Barb wrapped up her call with Flo - who didn't want to keep us from our movie - Barb held Elmo still so I could snap this pic.


You can see how much fun we were having. We ate our pizza standing at the countertop and blabbered on and on, then settled in for the very definitely chick flick movie. It was a wonderful evening.

4 comments:

shy_smiley said...

sounds perfect! Pizza looks delicious.

barbie said...

It was perfect. Just me and my best friend!

Momma_Dee said...

Fun. Linda wants to come to New York for a slumber party!

auntie m said...

You are both welcome anytime.