Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Smudge


Today Smudge is celebrating his 12th birthday. Or maybe I should say I'm celebrating Smudgie's 12th birthday. I adopted him from the SPCA in April 1997. We have a copy of the surrender papers to the SPCA. It states that Smudge was born 2/18/97 in Cheektowaga. The reason for surrender is unwanted. How sad. I have always teased Smudge that he was unwanted. "Nobody wanted you, Smudge. You were unwanted. But I wanted you. I picked you from all the other kitties".


Smudge got his name from the little black smudge on the top of his head. The lady at the SPCA said I should call him Smudge and I liked the name, so I did. But before he was a year old, his smudge disappeared.


Smudgie has always liked to curl up in small places.... boxes, the bathroom sink and this bowl.


Here he is standing in the catbird seat with friends, Sunny and Petri. Sunny and Petri are sadly no longer with us and failed to produce an heir although they tried their darnedest.


And here he is helping me with his birthday post. He has been having a little trouble with his eyes during winters the past few years. Smudge, Smudgie, Smudgie Smudgison, Tiny Triangle Face, White, Whitey Whiteness, Smudgediddidlyumtious, Smudgilini, My Little Kittily-Cattily Cat Wattin Dattin, Pinky, Golden Eyes, Smudgolister Dollister. I love him so.

2 comments:

shy_smiley said...

I love him, too. What a sweetie. Aren't we silly over our babies?

Momma_Dee said...

Happy Birthday sweet Smudge!
What a sweet white kitty.