Monday, February 16, 2009

b mine



B and I had a very pleasant Valentine's Day. We arose early and shared whole wheat pancakes left over from last weekend. Off to the BAC for me for my Total Body Workout class while B continued to work on making DVDs of Jay's football highlights from all the years (high school through college) of football he had filmed with our camcorder. I meant to get a lot of housework done but pretty much messed around on the computer all day. Late in the afternoon I did manage to change our bed and fold some laundry while B lifted weights and rode his bike on rollers in the basement. I had been having a taste for a petite fillet for several weeks. Earlier in the week I had mentioned this to B and suggested that we try Black and Blue or another smaller restaurant somewhat famous here in Buffalo (Loughran's) that I thought was known as a steakhouse. I was partial to Loughran's because I had never been there and it was a Buffalo landmark. He made reservations at Loughran's. After being seated we were a bit disappointed to find that they only had two steaks (sirloin and T-bone) on the menu. We both ordered pasta dishes. Both pasta dishes were very good, but I had wanted steak. So in that regard, reflecting on our choice of restaurant, I must echo the words of my dear niece, Becky, when she was a small child. "I picked the worst one". Tiny Becky had agonized over the decision of which stone pony she should select as her souvenir from a trip to Nogales, Mexico. Becky sobbed these words upon discovering in the car on the way home that the horse she had chosen had a piece broken off.
Since it was a special day we thought we'd share a dessert but the desserts at Loughran's sounded too plain and everyday to waste calories on. B suggested we try Butterwood's on Main Street in our village. We ordered Chocolate Mousse Cake and Carrot Cake to split. The waitress set the Carrot Cake in front of me and it was so lovely that I just had to snap the above shot.



For me, B picked up a dozen roses from Wegman's earlier in the day when he went out to run errands and get the cars washed. For him, such a deal! I used Kohl's cash that I received the week before when I bought myself some new slacks and a few items for Jay who happened to be visiting last weekend. This week I bought B a polo shirt and a fleece and nylon vest. I had also thrown in my cart two Easter bathroom towels and a wooden place mat. I handed the cashier my $30 Kohl's cash and she gave me back a credit receipt for 83 cents. So I got all those items for free. How sweet is that?!!!



We followed up our dinner by cuddling while we watched a movie on our big 52 inch. A perfect day.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

I don't know how many times over the years I've had to say, "I picked the worse one".
Wow! Did a cookie and a cream puff also come with your cake?

auntie m said...

Yes, a strawberry cream filled puff with a little flower piped on top and a thin, thin crispy cookie.
To me they were the best part, better than the cake.