Tuesday, January 13, 2009

what i bought with my christmas money


This bracelet and necklace were dicounted 40%...maybe because of the Christmasy red & green colors but I think it works year round.

My mom gave me some money for Christmas. She doesn't like to hear that I just deposited it in my checking account. She wants to know that I bought something specific with it and she wants to know what that something was. This year I took my money to one of my favorite shops on Main Steet - Village Artisans. Most everything in the shop is made by local village artisans - thus the name. The owner was having a January sale so my money went a bit farther.


This necklace features blue plastic blocks that are hand stamped in a silver leaf pattern. The artist made the stamp herself.


This necklace is very me. It looks like hammered aluminum and the beads are some of my favorite dusty colors.


This is a necklace I bought at the same shop earlier this summer when I was craving something elegant.


This necklace came from the same shop but I bought it a couple years ago. It has turned out to be one that I reach for often.


And finally this one came from Point of View on Main Street. I saw it and put it on my Christmas list a couple years ago and B bought it for me.

So, Mom, this post is for you.

1 comment: