Sunday, January 11, 2009

food, glorious food


green bean, grape tomato, kalamata olive and mozzarella salad with Marzetti's roasted garlic vinaigrette

I took this picture in the lunchroom at work after warning one of the partners at my table that I was going to do something that he would probably think was very strange. He did think I was a bit strange but told me that his daughter took a picture of her dinner one night that past week. I asked if she was a blogger and he said he didn't know and he didn't ask.

I've been feeling inspired by the new 2009 Weight Watcher's cookbook I picked up at Wegman's this week. Every recipe truly is quick and every recipe truly sounds scrumptious. I think it's one of the best WW cookbooks in years. The above salad isn't from the cookbook. It's one of my own creations. I sometimes use feta and dill, but this time I wanted to use fresh mozzarella. I didn't have any so I made due with string cheese.


the cookbook


This is my version of the meal on the cover. It's broiled salmon with a Dijon mustard-mayo topping, boiled potatoes with lemon pepper seasoning and a side salad of broccoli, cauliflower, yellow pepper, red onion and mandarin oranges in vinegar and oil.


One of the chicken selections. Cornmeal crusted chicken with peach-basil salsa. I added saffron yellow rice and asparagus.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Yum,yum- it all looks good but especially the cornmeal crusted chicken. I love food pictures and food blogs and have found lots of good recipes that way.
Damn, that Wegman's. We all should be so lucky!