Friday, January 30, 2009

tgif


snowy, blowy bumper to bumper commute into the city


Paula's citrus blueberry birthday cake made by Alison

I'm not a cake person (give me cookies any day) but this cake was the absolute best. I took a tiny sliver at 8:30 and went back at 9:30 for another tiny sliver and this was all that was left. I think this is the fastest a cake ever disappeared in our office. When Alison gives me the recipe, I'll share it with you.


first jean's day of the tax season

Got to wear one of my favorite thrift store finds - brand new New Balance tie-dye sneakers for $2.99.


lunch at my desk - turkey breast with smoked apple cheddar and thinly sliced crisp New York Empire apple on a Wegman's Kaiser roll


time to bring home the Christmas flower arrangement I made for the reception area and pack it away until next year

Then home to B and our traditional Friday night date at home - burgers (turkey or veggie for me, beef for B) and crisp Ore-Ida fries baked in the oven. Followed up with a Blockbuster movie on our big 52 inch. Could life get any better than this?

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Those sneaks are pretty far out. Good buy, huh? I do not think I could even control a car on any kind of icy conditions anymore and I feel a little guilty all the time that I live where it rarely ever snows or is even very cold.