Thursday, January 8, 2009

savory savoy


Swiss chard, beet greens and savoy shining like jewels in the pan. Emerald, amethyst, ruby and topaz. We had this for Christmas dinner and Jay liked it so much he requested it again when he stopped by for an unexpected visit last weekend. Cook in a bit of olive oil until slightly wilted and add a cup of chicken broth and cook a tad longer. The second time we had it I added a splash of balsamic vinegar. Wegman's carried this mix during the holidays but I haven't seen it this week. I hope they bring it back because I'm hooked on it.

2 comments:

shy_smiley said...

that looks scrumptious. I've never tried greens like that. Trader Joe's carries a mix called Chard of Many Colors... I wonder if it's similar? I'll pick up a bag next time I go.

Momma_Dee said...

I bought a package of that Chard of Many Colors at TJs today and I'm trying this tomorrow evening. We have never had chard here at Casa El Myrick.