Monday, January 12, 2009

wake up



B and I were attending a concert in a very large church. Reformation Lutheran Church in Rochester - one of the churches that was used as a venue for the Rochester International Jazz Festival that we had attended this past summer. We were sitting in a pew near the back enjoying the concert when suddenly an irritating beeping noise started up. I realized that it was emanating from a very small alarm clock I was carrying in my purse. I reached into my purse and pulled out the half-dollar sized clock. B was becoming increasingly annoyed with me as I slide the button back and forth to no avail. The clock just kept beeping and beeping. People were turning to look at us. I decided that the only way to stop it was to unplug it. I gave the cord a tug and felt the plug release from the wall behind the band in the front of the church. I start reeling in the transparent pinkish-red cord. I kept pulling and pulling and finally the plug appeared in my hand. But the beeping had never stopped. Embarrassed, I sprang from my seat and headed for the stairs. I ran down the stairs into my living room and started looking for places where I could hide the offensive beeping clock. I was sure that anywhere I put it, the concert-goers upstairs would still be able to hear it. So I flung open the back door and heaved the thing as far as I could into the snowy backyard. Then I woke up and you know the rest of the story.



A day filled with work commutes, payroll tax preparation, dinner preparation and blogging.


tonight's WW meal of ginger-scallion turkey meatballs with bok choy, peppers and shitake mushrooms on brown rice

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Do you eat on a different set of dishes every night?

shy_smiley said...

augrh! I've been having the wacked-out dreams, too. I think it's the full moon. Such a fun post... I really thought you were telling a story about a concert. Such lively lives we lead in our dreams, only to wake to the same old same old.