Saturday, September 10, 2011

pumpkin souffle


ready for the oven

Although today was not too fall-like, fall is coming. I love the foods and flavors associated with fall. I bought some canned pumpkin yesterday and while I was walking I was thinking of what to make with it. I'm going to try cousin Carla's pumpkin cookies. But I also thought a souffle might be good. I Googled pumpkin souffles and found an easy recipe that I made for dinner tonight.


fresh out of the oven

Pumpkin Souffle

4 eggs
3/4 c pumpkin
3 T maple syrup
a dash of salt
a dash of nutmeg

Preheat the oven to 375.
Mix the egg yolks, pumpkin, syrup salt and pepper. Beat the egg whites til soft peaks form. Mix a dollop of the whites vigorously into the pumpkin mixture and then gently fold the rest of the whites into pumpkin mixture. Place 4 6-oz ramekins on a rimmed cookie sheet and fill the ramekins with the mixture. Place in oven and immediately turn it down to 350. Bake 25-30 minutes.


my yet to be tossed salad

I served with one of my favorite salads....greens, chopped apple, chopped celery, chopped onions, cheese cubes(I used Colby-jack this time, chopped pecans and poppy seed dressing.



asparagus with Bearnaise sauce and cod

My cod was just a tiny bit disappointing. I had haddock at Cracker Barrel that was outstanding. It had been dredged in cornmeal and flour and grilled. This cod I dipped in a mixture of beer, egg and milk and dredged in cornmeal and flour. I thought I'd save calories by baking but I should have just lightly fried it to a golden crispy crust. It wasn't bad though and the souffle and asparagus made up for it.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Love when you blog, you're great at it. Always want to eat at your table, go for your walks and do the things you do.