Wednesday, November 30, 2011

fancy sheets



About twenty years ago I went to a garage sale that was a like a dream come true to me. I bought a 16 place setting of Rogers silverware, lots of rhinestone pins and a gift box containing this top sheet and two pillow cases. Hand crocheted and gifted to someone who never took them out of the box. I thought how sad to not use something so beautiful...hide it away so no one ever sees it. I brought them home and put the box in the back of my linen closet. It's a full sheet for a double bed and regular size cases. We have a king bed and king cases.

In the past couple years now that Jay has moved away from home I have found myself sleeping in his room, the guest bedroom, my bedroom. I like to sleep with night lights, shades up. I like to fall asleep reading and I like to stay up late. B likes to sleep in pitch black rooms. He falls asleep instantly. Goes to bed early. Now I find that I sleep in my bedroom every night. I was putting sheets away in the linen closet and I saw this box tucked away. A perfect opportunity to use and enjoy my fancy sheets. It is a pleasure climbing into bed every night with these sheets. I feel like a princess. The cases are the same as the sheets. This is a reminder to all not to die with beautiful things tucked away waiting for that special occasion.

No comments: