Sunday, November 20, 2011

box of fun


Open me on Sunday...Dress Barn sparkly red top with frog closure and sparkly red rhinestone earrings and Avon's little black dress colgne

On Friday I stopped at an Amvets that I don't get to very often. It's very large and always has a few wonderful items waiting for me to discover. This time I kept coming across nice Alfred Dunner tops...the kind my mom likes. I came home with seven tops for her. After laundering them I started to put them away to include in her Christmas present. But then I thought....she gets so much for Christmas. Maybe I should send them now. Her best friend and her best friend's husband are quite ill now. I thought maybe this would help cheer my mom up and give her something to look forward to each day. I sometimes send her make-up and cologne that I've bought and then never use. She has always enjoyed getting those things too and tells me that she always uses them up. So this is what I did. I went through my cologne and found seven bottles that I don't use. And then my earrings to find seven pairs I could part with. I plan to wrap a top, a bottle of cologne and a pair of earrings to make seven gifts that I'll label....Open me on Monday....Open me on Tuesday etc.


Open me on Monday....Vicki Wayne's white quilty top with fake diamond solitaire earrings and White Shoulders ( I had two bottles)


Open me on Tuesday....Alfred Dunner red, white and blue sweater top with little red earrings and Clinque Aromatics Elixir (I'll have to keep that word in mind for Words with Friends)


Open me on Wednesday....Alfred Dunner striped zipper front top with tiny pink and silver earrings and Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely


Open me on Thursday....Alfred Dunner yellow, navy and white top with gold earrings and some Avon cologne I don't know the name of. Can't think of the name for that zigzag pattern either. Aargh!


Open me on Friday...Northerrn Reflections tan sweater top with embroidered pink roses, pink flower dangle earings and Avon's Extrodinary (I had a little trouble parting with these earrings but they looked so much like the roses that I had to let them go.


Talbots intarsia sweater with purple and silver Jody Coyote earrings and Givenchy Organza

I'm throwing in a bag of my make-up. Just what every one would want. LOL Happy opening Mom! Have fun!!

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

that's brilliant. You're such a thoughtful daughter (and auntie!)