Sunday, November 20, 2011

ten years younger

Friday evening I drove to NCCC to meet up with B for the annual Employee Recogntion Dinner. B was presenting an award to a woman in his department. We were assigned table 19 with the other V-Ps but B had promised his staff (all women) that he would sit with them. I believe he has a staff of about 30 (all women) and 7 were attending. I had only met one or two of them before and it was obvious to me that they like my husband and were happy with his decision to sit at their table. They asked me lots of questions....like where did B get that cloth bag that he takes his lunch to work in every day.

This was the menu...

Butler passed shrimp & antipasto
Spring greens with poached pear, dried cranberries, and blue cheeese crumbles
Roasted turkey with cranberry glaze
Pepper crusted beef tenderloin
Linguine with julienne of squash, zucchini and mushrooms with garlic olive oil
Eggplant roulades
Oven roasted red potatoes
Whipped butternut squash

It was incredible as usual. It was prepared by the culinary department as usual. The school is getting ready to open a new culinary school and restaurant in Niagara Falls.

So anyway we were standing in line and one of his ladies said to me "So how much younger are you than your husband anyway? You look at least ten years younger."
I replied " Two weeks. Older. Two weeks older."

I do not think that B overheard this little exchange and I did not tell him. But I secretly rolled it around in my head the rest of the evening.