Sunday, November 20, 2011

i don't know what to think

So I don't know what to think about this. Today I'm cooking away. I made Chocolate Chipotle cookies because I discovered a recipe for them involving a chocolate cake mix. I was looking for a recipe for cookies that I could use these little micro marshmallows in. I bought these marshmallows about a year ago and while cleaning the pantry I saw them and wanted to use them up. I'm making both cookies today.

I've also always been enchanted by chestnuts. I buy them every year and let them mold and throw them away. A few years ago I roasted them and found I like them. I have a recipe for Cream of Chestnut Soup in my wooden recipe box that B's sister, Mary, gave me years ago. The box, not the recipe. So today I made it. I've always wanted to make one of those desserts with chestnut creme filling also. Someday I will.

But to get back to this. I announced that I love to cook. It is one of the things that makes me happiest. B replied that that is something new. I haven't always liked to cook he said. I said I've always loved to cook. Why do you think I don't like it. He said...you don't like to cook because you never know what to make. I said....sometimes I think you don't know me at all. He said something like....F'ing A.... with a big sigh. I said....I do better when I just don't talk at all.

2 comments:

auntie m said...

Is there anyone else out there who knows me and thinks I don't like to cook?

shy_smiley said...

Not a one of us. We all know you love to cook. And we don't live in the same house with you.