Friday, November 4, 2011

free fridays

I don't work on Fridays and I think it is one of the wisest decisions I've ever made. I will start working Fridays and even Saturdays again during tax season. But in the meantime I have to say that money is nice, but I really don't spend much of it. Time thrills me more. Time to clean my house and pursue fun activities. One of which is thrifting. Goodwill finds can thrill me as much as a new Jaguar may thrill other people.

Today I'm buckling down and getting some housework done, but last Friday I went to Goodwill and came home satisfied. I found a nice pair of St John's Bay brown corduroy jeans and a pair of Loft black corduroy jeans among another things. Two of my favorite finds were a vintage dress from the 20s or 30s and a beaded blouse. I saw a lady look at the blouse and put it in her cart. I actually waited around and pretended to look through things until she came out of the dressing and hung it back on the rack. That's when I grabbed it and headed to the check-out.
So here is my vintage dress


I know it looks kind of like a baggy sack. It actually looks pretty cute on due to the smocking on the shoulders and the gatherings in the back below the waist.


the tag....I Googled and I believe it is pretty old


shoulder smocking


black velvet bow


back waist gathering


beaded blouse....wore it Wednesday and got a compliment

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Will you come to Norcal and help "thrift" me a new wardrobe? I'll also let you make me some of your delicious dinners. :)