Sunday, November 14, 2010

tea time



On my birthday I had to go to Lockport (named for the locks on the Erie Canal) to visit a client for an hour. They knew it was my birthday and they had these pretty flowers waiting for me along with a couple cakes. I too brought cupcakes and cookies so we all sat down at nine o'clock in the morning and indulged in sweets. The rooster vase I bought later in the day at an antique barn.



This is Alex, the bookkeeper's son. He woke up with pink eye that morning so came to work with his mother. He kept me very entertained. He is a third grader.

At ten I met my best friend, Barb, at the Kenan Center. It is a mansion in Lockport that has been restored and used for community functions. We toured the house and appreciated the watercolor art displays throughout. I thought that I had left my camera at the restaurant on Saturday evening so I fretted about that for awhile and didn't take any photos.



Barb and I went to The White Linen Tearoom for lunch. There I fished around in the bottom of my purse and found my camera. Yay!!



timing our tea....I had monkey-picked. I was going to buy some afterwards until I found out it was $11 for enough to make about two cups.



This is our tea tray minus the scones that were on top because they were already on our plates when I took the pic.



Warm scones....sugar and cinnamon plum




We didn't touch our desserts....too full. So we took them home along with a little gift of three tea bags.



The tearoom was located beside an antique barn where we spent a couple hours happily browsing. This was the prettiest thing I saw. Pink and green depression glass.



This reminded me of my little blue "Burble" I had when I was a child.



one of the booths



unusual pale orange Depression glass
That's the tearoom you can see out the window



and unusual dark orange Depression glass with green stems



I bought the rooster vase and the urn shaped lusterware vase. I had been using the other lusterware piece as a toothbrush holder for years but it doesn't hold the new fat handled brushes so I thought this piece would work and compliment the other.



And I found this lovely brand new vintage long Formfit Rogers nightgown that fits me perfectly. It's so well constructed.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Tea looks lovely and the nightgown is fantastic!