Sunday, November 14, 2010

freedom run



After a few hours of shopping Barb and I made our way to our favorite winery on the Niagara Wine Trail.....Freedom Run. The name pays homage to the route slaves took along the escarpment to get to the narrowest part of the Niagara River, where they swam to their freedom in Canada. It's a family business owned by three brothers. One of them is a potter and glass blower who studied under Dale Chihuly. They recently had a wine rated 90 in Wine Spectator magazine. The Niagara excarpment is supposed to be the hot new area for wines. This summer was hot and dry, perfect weather for growing grapes. The vinter told us that we were 28 days ahead of California this year. Cornell University records the temperature every minute. The winery is working with NCCC to teach the students winemaking. Freedom Run gave the students their own vineyard that they care for themselves.



Because it was my birthday he offered to take photos. He had me pose with this bottle of Meritage. It was really full of wine and very heavy. I couldn't stop laughing.



Barb bought me this charming charm



And the vinter gave me a kiss



two tipsy friends

No comments: