Sunday, November 21, 2010

on a sunday please



our Welcome to the NCCC employee recognition dinner

My crazy busy November continues on. Monday was the only night I cooked dinner this past week. I think I made chicken and pieroges with caramelized onions, mushrooms and Gruyere. I just remember it was good and Bill complimented me on it.


all my favorite chocolates and cookies, a book, a Christmas tree pin for my collection, a little sewing machine box and pretty boxes filled with good-smelling soaps

Tuesday and Thursday nights were spent at the BAC. Wednesday I had the monthly ASWA meeting at Tantulus in East Aurora. East Aurora is one of my favorite Western New York towns. It's home to the Roycroft Campus. When I got home that evening there was a pleasant surprise waiting for me. A birthday box from my baby sister, Melissa, who also goes out of her way preparing a little treasure trove.


really cute Old Navy navy sweater and two necklaces that I really love....I've always had a thing for bugs and beads

I was off Friday and had a lovely day at home as I always do but it slipped away too quickly. I met Bill at the college for the annual employee recognition dinner. I had a nice time at this dinner. We sat with two of the ladies who work in his department and I got to know them better. One of these ladies was alone because her husband was out deer hunting. Another was planning to hop on a plane the next day to fly out to Vegas for Thanksgiving. Her daughter is a musician in Vegas and plays violin at a lot of the shows. I also got to talk to several other of his employees who I hadn't seen for awhile. One of the ladies who was receiving an award was complaining that the dinner always falls on opening day of hunting season because she is a hunter also. The culinary department always does an outstanding job with every meal they prepare. Always beautiful to the eye and pleasing to the palate and this meal was no exception.


the favors at the dinners....wooden pencil boxes filled with Smarties. On the side the boxes say "The smart place to start".


Saturday I was hardly home at all. I went to the BAC in the morning to work out. One of my Facebook friends had posted "The extra mile is never crowded". I thought of this while I was on the treadmill running and I actually went the extra mile. On to Wegmans for grocery shopping and out for a little more shopping to finish up B's birthday gift. I had already bought the new iPod Nano and so I picked up accessories for it...headphones, armband and an iTunes gift card. Also a Dri-Fit running shirt to go along with the theme. When I got home he asked me to go out again to drop off his car for some work. When I got back the second time I only had time to shower before we went out to see a matinee of "Red" with cute Bruce Willis. Afterwards we came home and had a glass of wine before going out to dinner at Prosit, a German restaurant here on Main Street. Dinner was great at Prosit. German food is a little bit different than any other kind and always good and interesting. We even had another glass of wine at the restaurant and shared a delectable chocolate mousse. I think B really liked his gift from me this year. He seemed pleased with his birthday celebration. When we came home we watched another movie...City Island.

Today I get to relax a bit and think about and plan for all the rest of the craziness coming up. Thanksgiving, Christmas and my next speech. This day will pass too quickly I know. Tomorrow night I will again meet B after work on his real birthday. He has a reception to attend at Freedom Run winery regarding their marriage with the college in the new culinary institute getting underway. Then B will meet me for dinner at one of our favorite Greek restaurants before we attend our first Ramsi Tick concert series concert of the season. Tuesday BAC again and Wednesday my baby boy comes home to spend Thanksgiving with us. Looking very forward to four days off with no specific plans.

No comments: