Tuesday, November 16, 2010

lunch at jojos



On the Friday following my birthday Tim took me to lunch as he does every year. We went to Jojos. It is next door to Black and Blue. They have the same owners but Jojos is the more casual of the two. Here is Jojos menu. Kind of Frenchy. They used to print their menu on a paper bag. I had the tomato, brie and avocado sandwich. Tim had the Croque Madame.



I ordered this pretty drink called flowers and roses. It was gin, St Germain, rosewater and rose petals. I'd order this again in a minute. I loved it. I did wonder aloud about the name. I said I wonder why they call it flowers and roses because flowers are roses. Tim said "No, roses are flowers" and offered to explain math subsets to me.



Here is Tim



and here is the grilled romaine salad that we shared

Although our sandwiches were delicious they were not really that photogenic.
Tim gave me a cute pink and green tote bag made out of recycled materials, a pink and green umbrella and chocolate candy from his favorite chocolate shop. We each had a candy that was caramel and marshmallow covered in dark chocolate, then white chocolate and then coconut.

I enjoyed my lunch, candy, gifts and your company. Thanks Tim.

2 comments:

auntie m said...

St Germain is made from elderflowers. That's why they called it flowers and roses.

Momma_Dee said...

That's really nice that you do this every year. A good friend! And that drink is gorgeous.