Friday, November 27, 2009

gobble gobble



Jay and I made these chenille turkeys when he was around five or six years old. We were hosting Thanksgiving dinner at our house and made one for each member of Bill's family as a favor at their place setting. We must have made around twenty of these although after the first couple I probably ended up making all the rest myself. I encouraged people to take them home with them and a few did, but we ended up with the majority of them. I have always kept them and get three out every year for Jay, Bill and I for our Thanksgiving table. Feeling nostalgic perhaps, Jay picked up one with a yellow head and said he was going to take it home with him. However, just as in that year long ago, this little turkey got left behind in my safekeeping. I love the expression on their little turkey faces. They look happy....most likely because they are not the ones making an appearance on our plates.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

I am more than usual nostalgic about everything this year. Guess it just comes with getting old.