Sunday, November 22, 2009

birthday dinner



Today was Bill's birthday and he always requests his favorite meal of meat loaf and baked potatoes for his birthday dinner. I was expected in Anatevka tonight so we had an early dinner. I myself hate meat loaf but I ate a slice of the one I made today and pronounced it pretty good. I never make it quite the same because I don't really follow a recipe. This one had lots of onion, green pepper and celery. I must have used a bit more Worcestershire than I normally use because I could taste it more strongly and I think this is why it tasted good to me. Since I am way more into the veggies than the meat I followed the progress of my green beans with dill butter and grape tomatoes dish.










The whole meal....meatloaf, baked potato, Mexicorn, green beans and olive bread.


pumpkin mousse

I found this pecan pumpkin butter in Williams Sonoma Saturday evening and dreamed up this dessert of equal parts pumpkin butter and whipped cream topped with cinnamon pecan pieces.

Then I headed out to Anatevka.

Soon I'll be a stranger in a strange new place
Searching for an old familiar face
from Anatevka

Anatevka, Anatevka
I belong in Anatevka
Dear little village little town of mine

Substitute New Holland-Middletown for Anatevka and this reminds me of recent Facebooking and meeting up with so many of the old familiar faces from those dear little towns of mine.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

looks delicious. I would request meat loaf, too.