Monday, April 27, 2009

spring blossoms


grape hyacinth at the base of the birdbath

Sunday was a beautiful unseasonably warm day. The sun was shining and my spirits were lifted. I went for a run outside instead of inside on the treadmill. When I got back I grabbed my camera to capture some of the lovely flowers blooming in the yard.


lilacs just starting to bud...I need to get out my camera manual and learn how to focus on the near object instead of the far object

Our neighborhood was so alive. The neighbors to the south of us were having a birthday party for one of their little daughters. The air was filled with happy shrieks of delight all afternoon as they enjoyed the bounce castle that you can see a glimpse of behind the lilac. The neighbors to the north were constructing what I like to call "my own personal flower garden" because I believe the best view of their flower garden is out of my kitchen window. All over the village people were out walking, running or spring cleaning the yard.


violets on the south side of the house underneath the family room window


forsythia near the driveway


a bush whose name I do not know but it produces pretty orange flowers and lots of stickers


short-lived but oh-so-cute forget-me-nots that I look so forward to every spring


bleeding hearts surrounding a maple tree


azalea in the flower bed by the front sidewalk





1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

The flowers are lovely. I remember how exciting it used to be when the grape hyacinths came up along the side of the old house. I always used to think they were called bluebells. They were so pretty with the yellow of the daffodils. Spring is amazing.