Tuesday, April 7, 2009

slipping away


As I have written before in my twilight post, sunset is my favorite time of day. It is so beautiful and so fleeting. As the sun was setting on Saturday evening I happened to look out my front window to the east. I was greeted with an amazing sight. As I grabbed my camera and rushed outside, I barked an order to B. "Look out the front window. Do it right now." All the trees to the east, directly across from where the sun was setting, looked as though they had built-in neon pink lights and someone had just plugged them in.


I only had moments to gaze at this awesome sight because the sun was slipping away quickly in the western sky.


Deepening twilight


And then came the darkness

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Gorgeous. I like sunset,too. I try to get pictures but never seem able to capture the color the way my brain sees it.