Tuesday, April 21, 2009

in the pink


A co-worker, Melissa, is expecting her first baby on May 5th. She has been told that the baby is a girl. All of us girls at work threw an informal baby shower for her right after work today. I offered to make the cake. The above photo is the fruit of my labor. I hadn't made a decorated cake in quite some time so naturally I wasn't thrilled about the way it turned out. It could have been a bit neater. But still not bad. B could tell that the two pink globs on top were supposed to be baby booties.


Here we are setting up in the conference room. That pink punch was very pretty with rainbow sherbet floating atop.


Some of the gifts...most wrapped in pink. Melissa was starting to worry that if the doctors were wrong that she could end up having a boy who would have to wear all this pink.


Guess which one is Melissa. I'll let you know when this bundle of joy makes ?her? appearance.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Cute. Babies are so lovely.