Friday, March 27, 2009

tender shoots


snowdrops

Spring takes it's time coming to Buffalo. We are still in the snow drops and crocus stage. At least there is a hint of fresh spring smell and warmth in the air, but who knows when we will be hit with a late spring snow storm. I took a little walk when I got home from work tonight. You have to look closely for signs of spring. The robins have arrived and I encountered these signs of life beginning anew.


purple crocus


tulips


day lilies


rhododendran

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Much more exciting and more of a rebirth than spring in the desert.

shy_smiley said...

the desert never really dies, nor does it ever sleep; just dozes, I guess. The crocuses and snowdrops are darling. Irises are my favorite spring flower, manageable out here if you know what you're doing.